This year’s Royal Rumble really was of historical importance as it was the first time the women’s division had it’s own separate rumble. As well as the standard men’s rumble there were plenty of other matches to get your teeth into which made it a fairly epic PPV.
Kick-off (prelim) matches
- Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado vs. TJP, Jack Gallagher and Drew Gulak
- The Revival (Dash and Dawson) vs. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
- Bobby Roode vs. Mojo Rawley for the United States Championship
- WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a handicap match
- The Usos vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin for the Smackdown Tag title
- Men’s Royal Rumble
- Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Jason Jordan and Seth Rollins for the RAW Tag title
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Kane vs. Braun Strowman in a triple threat
- Women’s Royal Rumble
Both rumbles were pretty decent events with the ladies in my opinion being the stand out. It was pretty obvious who would win (to retain an undefeated streak) but there were good individual performances (Becky Lynch for example) all round with some treachery thrown in as well. The men’s rumble also had a great winner which set up Wrestlemania nicely. Brock’s match was as usual a foregone conclusion but it’s always a pleasure to see Kane these days. The rest of the card was good so overall it’s was a bit of a top PPV and well worth getting.
- Starring Sasha Banks Kane Shelton Benjamin Dolph Ziggler Andrade “Cien” Almas
- Distributor WWE/Fremantle